November 5, 2016
Sheriff’s Deputies and Detention personnel responded to an alarm in the laundry facility where a dryer was on fire. The fire was quickly extinguished with the assistance of local fire departments and SRSO staff. There were no indications of foul play.
The laundry facility is in a separate wing from inmate populations. No inmates were in the area during the course of this incident and there were no evacuations. One SRSO Detention Deputy was taken to a local area hospital as a precautionary measure for smoke inhalation. That Deputy is going well.
No services to the facility were disrupted and the facility remains in full operation.