February 10, 2018
Chipley– Drivers will encounter traffic variations on the following state roads in Okaloosa and Walton counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- U.S. 98 west of Wright Parkway in Fort Walton Beach Turn Lane Construction- The eastbound, left turn lane at Wright Parkway will be closed through 5 a.m. Tuesday, Feb 13 as crews perform construction activities.
- State Road (S.R.) 189 (Beal Parkway) Intersection Improvement at S.R. 393 (Mary Esther Boulevard)– There will be intermittent northbound and southbound outside lane restrictions on Beal Parkway between Ewing Court and Water Street from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Feb 11 through Thursday, Feb. 15 as crews perform roadway, sidewalk, and drainage work.
- Interstate 10 (I-10) From East of County Road 189 (Holt/ Mile Marker 45) to West of the Yellow River- Eastbound and westbound intermittent lane restrictions from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 11 through Thursday, Feb. 15 as crews perform asphalt corrections. Daytime closures shoulders closures may take place for various other operations throughout the project.
- U.S. 98 Routine Maintenance from Benning Drive to Main Street- Eastbound traffic will encounter intermittent lane restrictions from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Feb. 12 through Wednesday, Feb. 14 as crews perform routine maintenance activities.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Emerald Bay Drive to Tang-O-Mar Drive– Motorists can expect alternating east and westbound lane closures from the Okaloosa/Walton County line to Tang-O-Mar Drive from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 11 through Thursday, Feb. 15 as roadway widening and drainage upgrades continue. In addition, crews will continue removing the east and westbound right turn lanes between Emerald Bay Drive and Tang-O-Mar Drive. This work will allow for construction of new outside lanes and curb. Drivers are reminded to use caution as motorists will be making right turns from the outside, right travel lane.
- S.R. 83 Routine Bridge Maintenance- Traffic on S.R. 83 just south of the Alabama line will be restricted to one lane from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Feb. 12, as crews perform routine bridge maintenance.
All activities are weather dependent and may be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution and obey the posted speed limit when traveling through the work zone.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.