September 16, 2016
State Attorney for the First Judicial Circuit, Bill Eddins, announced yesterday that 27-year-old John Bryan Hood entered a plea of No Contest to 14 counts of Possession of Child Pornography, one count of Using a Computer to Facilitate or Solicit the Sexual Conduct of a Child, and six counts of Transmission of Harmful Materials to a Minor. He was immediately sentenced by Judge William Stone to 30 years in the Department of Corrections with the first 15 years being served day-for-day with no gain time. Upon the completion of the 30 years, he will be on Sex Offender probation for 10 years and will be required to wear an electronic monitor. He was also designated as a Sexual Predator and can have no contact with any minors. During his probationary sentence, Hood will have to complete sex offender counseling and can have no internet access or internet capable devices.
The current charges arose during Operation Wolf Hunter which began October 21, 2015 and concluded October 27, 2015 netting a total of 17 arrests after Investigators went online to various chat forums searching for individuals who were looking for sexual activity with a child. All suspects were charged with Traveling to Meet a Minor and Using an On-Line Service to Lure/Entice a Minor.
Hood made contact with two undercover investigators who identified themselves as juvenile females online. Hood, using a fake name, stated he wanted to have sex with them and sent them six explicit pictures of his penis on different days.
Hood did not follow through with travel to meet the undercover officer, saying he felt it was a setup. However investigators continued to work the case and were able to identify Hood as the individual involved.
Hood was taken into custody February 23, 2016 at his home in Niceville, FL and charged with using a computer to solicit a minor and obscene communication to a minor via computer. At the time of Hood’s arrest, OCSO also executed a search warrant for his electronic devices and discovered that Hood had images of child pornography in his possession.
Hood is a registered sex offender following an arrest by the Pensacola Police Department in January 27th, 2014 for traveling to meet a minor for sex.
Operation Wolf Hunter
Operation Wolf Hunter was conducted by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, Walton County Sheriff’s Office, Pensacola Police Department, Gainesville Police Department, St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office, Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, Jacksonville County Sheriff’s Office, Tallahassee Police Department and US Marshal Service Fugitive Task Force, all members of the North Florida Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force.
Operation Wolf Hunter Arrests:
- James Patrick Applegate, DOB 03/22/1986, Address: 1918 W. Mistral Lane, Mary Esther, FL
- Ali Khaleel Huthail, DOB 05/07/1991, Address: 166 N. Fox Avenue, Panama City, FL
- Jacob James Brenner, DOB 03/23/1988, Address: 1809 Natures Way, Gulf Breeze, FL
- Michael Bradley Christmas, DOB 12/23/1982, Address: 1154 Lost Trail, Fort Walton Beach, FL
- Adam Chay Bairos, DOB 05/04/1994, Address: 133 Menzel Street, Valparaiso, FL
- William Max Gage Calton, DOB 11/21/1989, Address: 138 Menzel Street, Valparaiso, FL
- David Allen Royce, DOB 12/11/1983, Address: 7 Caswell Branch Road, Freeport, FL
- Garrett Thomas Richards, DOB 09/01/1996, Address: 90368 Room A220, Hurlburt Field, FL
- Tejay Landon Aplin, DOB 01/26/1990, Address: 400 E. 19th Street, Panama City, FL
- Darin Roger Paddie, DOB 09/23/1994, Address: 304 Reeves Street, Niceville, FL
- Chad Michael Keiser, DOB 05/14/1978, Address: 6110 Cypress Point Drive, Panama City, FL
- Robert Donald Lawson, DOB 10/22/1996, Address: 15988 S. Hwy 29, Andalusia, AL
- Cameron William Ahlsen Girard, DOB 11/25/1987, Address: 101 SE Waynell Circle, Fort Walton Beach, FL
- David McLeod, DOB 07/01/1987, Address: 100 8th Avenue, Shalimar, FL
- John Joseph Schreiner, DOB 04/27/1987, Address: 57 Robys Drive, Mary Esther, FL
- William Myrick, DOB 02/01/1943, No Address Available
- John Bryan Hood DOB 01/01/1989, Address: 8 Corbin Court, Niceville, FL
Investigators say awareness is the key. Parents are encouraged to learn to use parental monitoring software for computers and smartphones, to become familiar and learn to utilize social media and to speak to their kids about the dangers of the internet.Arrest reports with additional information are attached to this news release and available at www.sheriff-okaloosa.org.
The investigation was conducted by the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office and Assistant State Attorney Jennifer A. Lieb prosecuted the case.
Source: Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office & State Attorney’s Office